Read full article here…
Address: 1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001
The Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is Walt Disney World’s first family/convention center resort. As you enter the lobby, feast your eyes on La Fuente de Las Palomas or the “Fountain of the Doves” as the spring water trickles over the Spanish-style urn and gathers amidst the colorful tiles. The resort theming is based on a mix of Colonial Mexico and the American Southwest. The 1967 guest rooms and suites are dispersed amongst three villages that surround a 15 acre man-made lake. The resorts feature rustic stucco buildings, Mexican-style bungalows and festive villages with Spanish terracotta roofs. The Coronado Springs Resort is divided into 3 village areas, the Casitas, the Ranchos and the Cabanas. The Casitas village or “Little Houses”, has 1024 guest rooms (981 guest rooms and 43 suites) and include buildings similar to those commonly found in Sante Fe or Monterey.
The buildings set amidst the colorful plaza, fountains and courtyards are commonly used for the convention accommodations. The Ranchos have a more rustic, rural flavor to them, complete with an arroyo or small stream that tumbles over a rocky streambed. The 624 guest rooms are housed in two- and three-storey villas. The Cabanas are 2-storey Mexican-style adobe bungalows with 319 guest rooms. The majority of these rooms have a water view. The convention center is 95,000 square feet and can be divided into 45 rooms. The Coronado Ballroom is 60,214 square feet with a 23-foot high ceiling and this can seat 5000 for dinner or 6500 for theater-style meetings. This ballroom can be divided up into 18 separate rooms. The Fiesta Ballroom is 21160 square feet and can divided into 10 rooms. The grounds of the Coronado Springs Resort are landscaped with trees from 10 different states and environmentalists will be happy to note that the mulch in the landscaped beds consists of shredded wood from recycled pallets.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning – laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. Service is available 7 days a week, call Housekeeping for pick up.
- Coin Laundry facilities – (See Below)
- Express Check-out
- Refillable mugs – these 12 oz. mugs are available for $11.99 plus tax (subject to change) and free refills can be had at the Pepper Market and the Siesta Grill
- Bell Services
- Panchito’s Gifts and Sundries shop – logo merchandise, film, toiletries, souvenirs and non-prescription drugs
- La Tienda Convenience Store – snacks, candy, beverages
- Hair Styling Salon – serving both men and women, Casa de Belleza is a full service salon (cuts, sets, permanents, colors, beard and mustache trim, manicures, pedicures, facials, parafin wax treatments). Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., call 407-939-3965 (or dial 8 + 289 from your room)
- ATM machine – located in the lobby
- Vending machines
- Poolside bar – at the Dig Site, the Siesta Grill offers snacks, burgers and beverages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hair wrap services – found in the Dig Site pool area
- Newspaper delivery (for a charge)
- Voice Mail – information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Lost and Found: (407) 939-3070 from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Location: End of Casita 4 to the right of LaVida Fitness Center and Salon. All others near quiet pools.
Soda vending machines
Self-service coin operated washers, dryers, and laundry supply machines
Washers – $1.00
Dryers – $1.00 for 30 minutes
Laundry supply machines – $1.00
Number of Rooms: 1967 including-
60 king bed rooms
99 disabled accessible rooms
30 Parlor Suites (one is accessible for guests with disabilities)
10 VIP Suites
5 Executive Suites